My WANA711 Blogging Sister Angela Orlowski-Peart tagged me to post 10 Random Facts About Me and here they are in no particular order:
1. I used to be all punk rock in my late teens/early 20’s. My favorite hair color was fucshia and I drove around on a Vespa scooter. Good times!
2. I used to get hurt so much when I was a kid they knew my name at the ER. I’m the youngest of five and I was always competing with the big kids.
3. I collect Barbies. I probably have over 100 so far. I need a bigger house.
4. I also collect tiaras and sometimes just for fun, I’ll wear one around the house while vacuuming.
5. I’m a huge Disney fan. I try to go to Disneyland once a month and I’ll get twitchy if it’s less than that. If I could, I’d live in Walt’s apartment above Pirates. In April we went to Walt Disney World and it felt strange to me. Too big, too commercial, too unlike Disneyland. Weird, I know.
6. We have tons of video games in the house, but the only games I’ll play are Zelda. I’ve beaten Ocarina of Time at least 10 times and I cannot wait for Skyward Sword to come out later this year. The only Zelda game I put down was Majora’s Mask. That game sucked. I have a bit of a crush on Link. Again, weird, I know. But seriously, watch this trailer and tell me he’s not dreamy.
7. I don’t follow any sports teams, but come July I’m glued to the TV to watch the Tour de France. Every two years I’m just as fanatical about the Olympics. I tend to pick favorites and take it personally if they don’t win. I’m still heartbroken over Andy Schleck. Next year.
8. My favorite color is pink. As in, my office is pink, my iPod is pink, my iPhone cover is pink. If I could paint the whole house pink, I probably would. And black. I like black too.
9. When Dave retires I want us to live in a little cottage somewhere in the southwest of England. I’d love to have a proper English Garden, but I’m afraid I kill plants.
10. In 2007 we stayed in Scotland for a summer and I drove the length and breadth of both Scotland and England. I was terrified the entire time, but never told anyone. I drove an entire week in the highlands and found out upon returning the rental that I’d hit the tire against a curb and we were damn lucky the tire didn’t blow out. We had to pay one hundred pounds to replace the tire, which in American was about $200. At least we didn’t die on those sketchy roads.
And a bonus fact: I spent three days in Paris and all I remember is rain, losing my daughter at Paris Disney, and gashing my forehead in the pool. I want a do over!
That’s it for me. Now I get to bestow the honor on four others to share their 10 Random Facts. These are four amazing ladies that I’ve come to know through Facebook, Kristen Lamb‘s blogging workshop, and writer’s conferences. They are:
I hope you enjoyed my random facts. What’s something random or special about you? Come on, everyone has a bit of quirky in them, it’s okay to share with us. We’re all friends and family here, but without the drama.