Break out the bubbly and don your fancy gowns, we’re taking a trip down the red carpet! Today it’s all about awards here at A Cup of Tea and Sorcery.
Move over Golden Globes, step aside Oscar, make way for the Inspiring Blogger Award!
Imagine my delight and surprise when last month Debra Kristi and Myndi Shafer bestowed upon me this award. Inspiring? Me? I’m totally honored by their belief in me and my blog. They are both super inspiring to me, so I hope you’ll check out their blogs and show them some love. Part of the coolness of this award is that I get to give it to five bloggers.
In no particular order, they are:
Diana Murdock because her blog is filled with heart felt posts that touch my soul. Whether she is dealing with the death of her father, or being a single mom to two teenage boys, she is poignant and raw.
Natalie Hartford inspires me every Friday to be a better driver and human. Her posts on drunk driving will make you think twice before getting behind the wheel after tipping back a few.
Jenny Hansen is a techie goddess. She inspires me to learn new tools and tricks to be a better blogger. Because of her, I’m a Triberr wiz. Okay, maybe wiz is a bit much, but at least I know what a stream is and how to use it.
August McLaughlin is the most fabulous Goody-Goody I know! Whether she’s posting about living a better life, or her childhood adventures, there is always a lesson to be learned. In a good way.
And, because I’m a bit of a rule breaker when it suits me, I’m going to name a sixth recipient ~ Marcia Richards. Marcia is bringing sexy back. She celebrates all things women on her blog, their strength as well as their sexiness. Check it out.
Just when I thought I’d hit the limit of my award euphoria, Angela Peart-Orlowski gave me the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you so much Angela. Her blog is amazing and stylish, just like her. Hop on over and see what she’s got going on.
Of course I love this award because it has a tea cup in the picture. Also because I get to pass it on to five recipients. I’m telling you, choosing only five bloggers out of the many that I admire is difficult. If I could, I’d give everyone this award because they are all lovely.
Since I am limited (and sort of a rule follower when it suits me), here are the five recipients of this award:
- Marcia Richards really IS Sexy, Smart, and from the Heart.
- Natalie Hartford What can I say? Natalie’s blog is totally girly and pink.
- Patricia Sands Take a trip to France from the comfort of your home.
- Naomi Bulger This woman doesn’t know how to take a bad picture.
- Jillian Dodd Her blog is full of hunky men and hot movie reviews!
I’m supposed to list five random facts about myself for this award, but I think you’ve all had your fill of my randomness, so we’ll skip this part.
Onto the next award! Yes, there are two more. You bloggers were busy in January.
Jodiebethinhercrystalroom gave me the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you so much Jodie Beth for thinking my blog deserves this award. Again, the support and love I’ve been shown from the blogging community is staggering. Every day I am humbled and honored to be among so many people I respect.
For this award, I’m supposed to give seven random facts, but we’ve already dismissed this idea as folly. I’m also supposed to award this to fifteen bloggers. Fifteen? Yikes! Here goes:
- Amy Shojai Bling, Bitches, and Blood. Really, what more do you need to know about her blog? Go check it out! (by the way, the ‘bitches’ refers to dogs… I think)
- August McLaughlin See above. She’s fabulous for so many reasons.
- Barbara McDowell Like reality TV? So does Barbara! Like to dance? Yep, she’s your girl. Her blog is always hopping with great content, so check her out.
- Carrie Spencer Woodie the Woodchuck is my go-to guy for all things WordPress, but that’s not all you’ll find at Carrie’s place. Fast drink and food recipes, funky jewelry, it’s all here.
- Coleen Patrick has a gift for words. Whether its telling a story in six words or mistaking the words to a popular Christmas tune, Coleen always entertains.
- Donna Newton Looking for a competition? Donna’s got you covered. How about a super fast interview with one of your favorite authors? Yep, it’s here too.
- Elena Aitken Being a mom is a challenge, but then so is running a marathon. Elena’s doing both. Keep up with her crazy life, you won’t be disappointed.
- Fabio Bueno Ah, Fabio. He’s my go-to guy for all things manly and yet he’s also my go-to guy for posts about chick things and techie things. Versatile is his middle name.
- Kate MacNicol Coffee, weight loss, art history? Kate’s got it all on her blog!
- Leanne Shirtliffe Need a laugh? Go to Leanne’s blog. There’s much more to her blog than a quick giggle, but trust me, you’ll end up in stitches nearly every post.
- Lissa Clouser Book reviews, the life of a writer, beautiful photographs, what more could you want from a blog? Lissa’s got you covered.
- MJ Monaghan Provocative song lyrics, social media obsession, and the tragedy of being bullied. If that isn’t versatile, what is? MJ’s is one of my favorite new blogs to read, I hope he’ll become yours as well.
- Myndi Shafer Ah, Myndi, Myndi, Myndi. If I could bottle this girl up and take her with me everywhere, I would. Her posts keep me giggling long after I read them. Want to know what it’s like to be pregnant with your fourth kid? Myndi finds humor in a foot rub and fried chicken.
- Sara at Stories and Sweetpotatoes Goats really can save our economy. That’s what Sara says and I believe her! Check out how on her blog.
- Susie Lindau Her blog is called Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride for a reason! Get in, buckle up, and get ready for an E-Ticket experience!
Whew! That wasn’t so bad, now was it?
But wait! There’s one more award… Julie Catherine thought the olde blogge was worth a Genuine Blogger award. She writes amazing poetry, so please check out her blog.
There are no rules for this award, but I truly think everyone I’ve given an award to today deserves it. These bloggers put their hearts on the page and invite us into their lives, it’s the least I can do to say how grateful I am that they are a part of my life.
Thank you to everyone who gave an award to my blog. You’ve made this journey most remarkable and I look forward to where tomorrow will take us. Thank you.