I heard you sigh when you read that title. I know, Hugh Jackman is just so so sighably dreamy.
I mean, look at that smile! Those eyes! That hair! Yep, he’s dreamy.
In Hollywood he’s considered a triple threat: he can act, dance, and sing. I don’t think most people were aware of that until he hosted the Oscars back in 2009. I know I watched in amazement as he cavorted around the stage.
They need to make Hugh Jackman the host every year.
He’s charming, he’s funny, he’s sexy. Yeah, he’s got the whole package. Including great abs.
Is it just me, or is it weird he’s golfing in a towel? Oh, who cares! It’s Hugh Jackman.
Most people think of Hugh as Wolverine from X-Men, as they rightfully should, but he was also a loveably lost Duke in Kate and Leopold. Hands up, who saw that movie?
Well, if you didn’t, you should rent it. It’s a sweet Saturday afternoon treat.
He’s been in a bunch of other movies, too: in Van Helsing he plays a monster killer, in The Prestige he was a competitive magician, in The Fountain he played, well too many roles to keep track of. That was a really weird movie. There are many more movies I could list, but let’s keep the post short, shall we? Unlike Australia that was nearly three hours long.
You know I like my crushes to be a bit of a philanthropist, right? Well Hugh totally is. In fact, one of his favorite organizations, Microcredit, won the Nobel Peace Prize. Not too shabby! Something else our cool man Hugh will occasionally do? He’ll send out a Tweet asking for his followers to name their favorite non-profit and he’ll give money to one or two of them.
Ahhh, so dreamy and a big heart!
Another cool thing about Hugh is that he’s a devoted family man. He and his wife Deborra-Lee Furness have been married over fifteen years and have two adopted children.
Well, I could gush on and on about Hugh Jackman because there is so much more to him, but for now I’ll have to leave you with these Fun Facts:
- One of Hugh’s paternal grandfathers is Greek.
- As a young boy, he thought being a chef on a plane would be an awesome job.
- Hugh’s first theater performance (after graduating from acting school) was as Gaston in Beauty and the Beast.
- Hugh’s wife told him not to take the role of Wolverine in X-Men. She later said she’s glad he ignored her advice.
- Dougray Scott was originally cast as Wolverine, but he had to back out. I wonder if he kicks himself for that decision and wishes Hugh had listened to his wife. Hmmm…